Transportation Funding Eligibility Requirements
- ***SECOND GRADE CLASSES NOW ELIGIBLE***
- Application for funding is available for 2nd grade and 5th grade classes visiting the Museum.
- Each school is responsible for making their own transportation reservations. This is a reimbursement program.
- A detailed invoice invoice is required for reimbursement.
- If you have not applied and received transportation funding before, additional paperwork may be required.
Within Maricopa County
- Over 50% of the student population must be eligible for Free and Reduced Lunches. You may be asked to provide documentation.
- School wide participation in Jump or Hoops for Heart. (Please note – this is a new requirement)
Outside Maricopa County
- School wide participation in Jump or Hoops for Heart.
The maximum amount allocated to any school within Maricopa County is $500.00.
The maximum amount allocated to any school outside of Maricopa County is $700.00.
The school is responsible for any amount billed for transportation costs over the granted amount.
A detailed invoice with mileage and labor breakdown is required for reimbursement.
Prior to payment, completion of a W-9 and additional paperwork may be required.
Jump or Hoops for Heart Requirement
If a transportation funding request was granted based on the agreement that the school participates in a school wide Jump or Hoops for Heart Event and the school cancels the Event after the transportation funding has been paid, the school agrees to reimburse the funding to the Halle Heart Children’s Museum.
Free and Reduced Lunch Requirement
If a transportation funding request was granted based on the percentage of students qualifying for free and reduced lunch at your school, verification of this percentage will be taken from one or both of these sites:
You will be sent a written approval of funding, if you do not receive written approval of funding, you have not been approved.