It’s every kid’s favorite question this time of year: what are you going to be for Halloween?
Here at the Halle Heart Children’s Museum, we know our answer: we’re going to be heart-healthy! (Though some of us might also be pirates, princesses, or Pikachus…and one of us will definitely be Lub Dub.) On Saturday, October 28th, the whole museum will be celebrating an entire day of good-for-you Halloween fun. We’re ready to turn this holiday’s reputation for being less than healthy upside down with an array of wholesome activities, games, and even food.
If you join us on this special day, you can look forward to:
- Halloween crafts all throughout the museum, starting at 9:00 when doors open.
- A cooking demo in our Kitchen Cafe at 10:30 featuring DIY pumpkin-shaped tortilla chips and a tasty pumpkin hummus. Don’t miss the free samples and take-home recipe!
- An appearance by everyone’s favorite larger-than-life heart–our mascot, Lub Dub–at 11:00.
- A costume dance party and balloon drop at 12:00 (so make sure your costume is dance-able)!
- Halloween-themed games starting at 1:00.
If you have an HHCM membership, the fun continues even later, as the museum will stay open an additional two hours just for members! We’ll have a healthy trick-or-treating path through our eight exhibits, a Halloween movie playing in the Goldman Legacy Theater, a costume contest, and extra time to get down on the dance floor to music so good it’s spooky. Not a member yet? There’s no better time to join online or stop by the Guest Services counter to register. You’ll get free admission to the museum every day of the year, reduced rates on classes, programs, and birthday parties, and access to exclusive events and activities like this one!
So…what are YOU going to be for Halloween? Whatever your answer, we hope you’ll come and share it with us Saturday, October 28th, at this one-of-a-kind family event.